Ngoi Hut 2 Project – Model Test
This article aims to describe the model testing carried out at CKD Blansko Engineering (CBE) R&D facilities in Blansko, Checz Republic, for the NGOI HUT 2 Project in Vietnam.
About the Project
The NGOI HUT 2 HEP is owned and operated by Truong Thanh DECONIN JSC, Yen Bai province, Vietnam. The Project started on June 2011. The supply is equipped with 2 units of 6 jet Vertical Pelton machines, running at synchronous speed of 428.6 rpm, operating under rated net head of 322.5 m. The rated turbine output is of 26.400 kW.
Model Design and Manufacturing
The model was designed and manufactured by CBE under the contract agreement signed with FLOVEL.
A homologous model acceptance test as per IEC 60193 was conducted to verify the hydraulic performance guarantees. The main hydraulic performance characteristics in regards of efficiency, power output and runaway speed have been preliminarily tested.
The final Customer attended the witnessed part of the model test performed on 20-23/12/2011. All test results were compiled in a final report.
Observations and Conclusions
After the completion of model test for NGOI HUT 2 HPP, the hydraulic design validation was done based on the observation that:
- A witnessed model test has been performed where hydraulic efficiency, power output and runaway speed performance have been compared with the guaranteed values given in the contract.
- All the guaranteed values of efficiencies and outputs were fulfilled.
- The maximum runaway speed for the worst condition is smaller than the guaranteed value. The runaway speed tests fulfilled the guarantees.
- Impact of the TWL position on the turbine efficiency was tested for 6 nozzles in operation, maximum nozzles opening, which represents the worst operation condition. The conclusion is that TWL position has no impact on performance.
- Customer finally accepted the model test results and approved for further manufacturing of the prototype turbine.
FLOVEL name has been synonymous with the hydro power sector for over four decades. FLOVEL is a full-line supplier of electromechanical equipment and services for small and medium size hydro power plants manufacturer of hydraulic turbines, valves and turnkey supplier of electro mechanical packages for hydro power projects and ranks amongst the leading players globally. FLOVEL manufacturers complete range of Pelton, Francis, Kaplan, Axial Flow turbines and Valves for hydropower projects. The strength of FLOVEL is in its ability to offer all-inclusive solutions (Electro Mechanical-Turnkey Packages).
Suite 101-A, Tower-B,
12/3, Mathura Road,
Faridabad – 121 003,